Hello, my name is Eve Houseman (MBACP) and I am a Psychotherapist - Counsellor at The Journey Psychotherapy, a private practice in Brighton, Hove and online.
If you are reading this page the chances are your'e ready to make CHANGES & I can help! Having been through the process of choosing the right therapist myself I know it can be a bit daunting, but well done, you are taking the first steps to healing and living your true life.
I practice Multi-Model or 'Integrative' Psychotherapy, with a Person Centred, as well as Creative approach (for example SandPlay Therapy). I continue to attend CPD workshops & training courses to expand on areas of my Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling & Psychotherapy.
I truly care about my clients and nurture the working relationships that bring positive change to their lives.
Are you experiencing presenting issues such as anxiety, addiction, depression, sexual issues, eating issues, stress, relationship issues, childhood & young persons issues, sexuality, phobias, or any issues you feel are interrupting your basic functioning and ultimate happiness? Together we can explore the root causes of your issues and work towards long-lasting resolutions.
How I Can Help:
I am an experienced qualified nurturing Integrative Psychotherapist & Registered Member of BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) MBACP, with an Advanced Diploma focused in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from Greater Brighton Metropolitan College; I am fully insured and attend regular supervision.
My focus is on our working relationship, and how we can best work together to help you explore the root causes of your presenting issues, supporting you to make changes and improve your quality of life. My therapy room in Hove is relaxed, informal, comfortable and warm, 100% confidential and non-judgemental, I have full insurance, and I adhere to the BACP ethical framework.
MY TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
* Advanced Post-Graduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy from Greater Brighton Metropolitan College - Ad Dip Coun Psych
* British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy Registered - (BACP) MBACP
* Full Public Liability Insurance
* Up to date DBS check
* Awareness of Substance Misuse - NCFE CACHE Award Level 1
* Understanding Children & Young Peoples Mental Health - TQUK Award Level 2 (RQF)
* Understanding Behaviour that Challenges - TQUK Award Level 2 (RQF)
* The Principles of End of Life Care - TQUK Award Level 2 (RQF)
* Understanding Dignity & Safeguarding in Adults Health & Social Care - TQUK Award Level 2 (RQF)
* Counselling Interpersonal skills - NCFE Award level 1
* Counselling Helping Skills - NCFE Award level 2
* Counselling Skills & Theory - NCFE Award level 3
* GDPR CPD (General Data Protection)
* Online Therapy Advanced CPD
* SandPlay Therapy Advanced CPD